Just Eat It!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

NYC Dining Websites

Here a list of websites on NYC dining that I find useful. Eventually, I want to find a way to have permanent links on the blog homepage to this list and to a list of my favorite restaurants. I'll need to look into how to do this, and I may have to build my own website to be able to add these kind of customized features.

NYC Department of Health Restaurant Inspections
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/rii/index.shtml
Safety first! I believe this site has inspection reports on every restaurant in New York City. If you are thinking of going to a place that is not listed on this site, then it's probably illegit!

St. Mark's Place Food Map
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/realestate/neighborhoods/maps/10862/
A guide to the eclectic mix of restaurants in the St. Mark's Place area.

Opentable
http://www.opentable.com/home.aspx
Make reservations online rather than call and haggle with the reservationist. Especially handy for fancy places such as Felidia, Daniel, Union Square Cafe, and Gramercy Tavern.

Menupages
http://www.menupages.com/
I like researching a restaurant extensively before going for the first time. Here I can read up on menus for pretty much every restaurant in the city.

New York Metro Dining
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/restaurants/
I like NewYorkMetro.com's dining section. Reviews on a large number of restaurants with insightful information.

The Food Section
http://www.thefoodsection.com/foodsection/
A great food and dining website/blog focused mostly on New York City. Tons of helpful information and great links along with frequent blog entries by the site's author.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing the complete list of website!! its very helpful

    By Anonymous Digirestro, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home